Friday, January 7, 2011

I can beat this.

Dear friends, allow me to apologize for the extended vacation I took from blogging…now, allow me to share with you the reasons behind it.

The month of December was a rough time for the Darling household. I had headaches daily that eventually progressed into migraines that caused me to completely shut down.
This went on until a random Wednesday night that was exceptionally bad. Picture me being quite pathetic, vomiting, crying, moaning about until Darling Hubby decides that whether I like it or not, we are going to the ER.

Once there, and after medicine has been given and a CT scan has been performed, a neurosurgeon steps in our room to inform us that there is a mass on my brain, and it shouldn’t be there.
A day and a half later, all three sets of my parents have traveled from Texas to Florida to be with Darling Hubby & I. We hadn’t seen any family since the wedding so, even with the circumstances, I was quite the happy girl. At this point, my doctors are still sticking with the ‘it’s a mass’ story, but inform us that it is putting too much pressure on my brain and has to come out.

So, the following day, I have major brain surgery…which, oddly enough, is the first surgery I’ve ever had. Something to be said for doing it big, eh?
When I am coherent again, my neurosurgeon comes to speak with me about what they now know.
I have brain cancer, Glioblastoma to be exact.

That’s the point that we are at right now. Darling Hubby & I are currently residing in Texas to be close to family for support and help once I start treatment.
I want you all to know that we aren’t going to let this take over our lives, just as I’m not going to let it take over my blog but, I will be consistent in sharing updates about our progress.

In the ER:


The target area:
And now I have no hair:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hair or no hair, you are still our beautiful Lindsey Lou & we love YOU! Call Uncle Bob so he can tell you about that faith bag!

Melissa Clark said...

I still remember the little spunky girl that I used to baby sit! You are still a strong girl! You will do just fine....keep the faith!

photosbytiara said...

Sissy..your doing great! I was so surprised by a blog update..I love you Lin-e...
Love always
Dan-e Girl