Friday, November 5, 2010

Hospital Visit.

I’m sitting alone in the hospital.

Darling Hubby is in surgery.
Tonsillectomy, trimming down his uvula, and repairing a deviated septum.
All in the name of getting a full night of sleep again.
 Since Darling Hubby and I married, neither one of us has gotten our full 8 hours.
Me, because of the grizzly bear snoring radiating from Darling Hubby.
Him, because of this evil thing called sleep apnea.

To be completely honest, he and I haven’t slept at the same time for the few weeks.
No, we aren’t mad at each other or anything crazy like that.
It’s just…that with his snoring growing louder, and louder…I can’t sleep.


We’ve tried it all…
Nose strips for him. Ear plugs for me. Change of sleeping position for him. Sleeping pills for me.
And nothing, is working for us.
So, after sleepless nights, sleep studies, countless doctor’s visits…he is in surgery.


What about me, you ask?
Friends, I am exhausted.

And nervous, and scared.
Nervous, because he is in surgery.
Scared, because he is in surgery, and I have to spend tonight away from him.

Please keep us in your thoughts & prayers.

Till then…


No comments: